– Loni Mahanta, formerly vice president of government relations & public policy for Zillow Group, joined the NFT marketplace OpenSea in a similar role.
OpenSea uses blockchain technology to sell NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, with compatible cryptocurrency wallets, such as Coinbase. OpenSea raised $ 300 million in January.
“We’re creating a space where all individuals can access the opportunity and potential of NFTs (not to mention, it has grown 600x in the last year!),” Mahanta wrote in a LinkedIn post.
Mahanta is also on HopSkipDrive’s board of directors and is a fellow for the Brookings Institute focusing on tech policy. Her recent work for Brookings covers cryptocurrency and difficulties surrounding regulation as a legal professional.
Other personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- Chris Knowlton, formerly principal program manager at Microsoftjoined Panoptoa video-recording company, as chief evangelist.
- Dianna Winegarden was promoted to chief customer officer at DreamBox Learninga Bellevue, Wash.-based edtech company.
- Mayur Kamatformer vice president at Agoda and Hiyawill join Binancea cryptocurrency marketplace, as head of product.
- Dwight Crossformer Microsoft executive, will join Evisorta contract management software company, as vice president of product.
- Reno Mathewsformer Google and Meta executive, will join Truliooan identity verification service, as its chief compliance officer.
- William DePaoloformer UW School of Medicine faculty, was appointed chief scientific officer at Tendwhich uses biotech to analyze good health.
- Jon Davidvice president of Glu Mobilejoined Akilia technology consulting company, as its first chief product officer.
- Jan Beckformer head of R&D at Lyell Immunopharmais now chief operating officer at Mozart Therapeuticswhich develops therapies for autoimmune diseases.
- Jason Mironov and Patrick McCarter left the board of directors of Vancouver, Wash.-based ZoomInfo.